Monday, July 18, 2011

Back In The Saddle

Well, as the title implies, I'm back!  I won't bore and/or depress you with the details of what's been happening  because hey - music is supposed to bring you joy, right?  So by extension, a blog *about* music should aim to be joyful, fun, etc, as well, right?  Suffice it to say, things are looking up around here, and about damn time says I.

Anyway, when last I left you, my Pioneer quadraphonic receiver (QX-8000 for the hi-fi nerds out there) was in the shop, after having blown the right front channel.  Well I got it back, and it blew the same channel again about 2 weeks later.  Hooray for warranties! Took it back, got 'er fixed, and she's singing like she's new!  By the way, if you're in the Pittsburgh area, go see my buddy Tom at Vintage Hi-Fi of Pittsburgh - he and Anders will take good care of you and/or your equipment.  Stereo equipment you perverts...


Additionally, I got a couple of LPs the other day as well - Judas Priest, "Screaming for Vengeance", and this:

I'd been looking for "High Voltage" for a while.  It's in excellent shape, and an awesome AC/DC album.  In fact, I may put it on this evening (again).  :-)

No comments: