Friday, August 26, 2011

Birthday Stuff - Two Weeks Late

So I've been so busy with work, etc that I forgot to post after my birthday.  I was surprised with a trip to Jerry's Records in Squirrel Hill here in Pittsburgh - sort of a Mecca of vinyl East of the Mississippi.  I picked up a *sealed* copy of the Black Hole soundtrack, an album of Celtic music by an Irish woman who's name I can't pronounce, and what looks to be a mid-to-late 50's album of Benny Goodman.  Good stuff.  I'm debating whether I should even open the Black Hole ST.  I mean, the music from that movie is phenomenal (John Barry), but I dunno if I should unseal it or not.  It wouldn't be the first time I unsealed an LP that I'd bought (see: Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young - So Far), but still...I'm torn.  I also got the new Beastie Boys album on CD because, sadly, I couldn't find it on vinyl.

In any case, it was an *awesome* birthday - one of the best on record, actually.

No comments: